Senior Site Reliability Engineer (1025US)
Evolvice is a German nearshore service provider with branches in Egypt, Ukraine and Portugal. Founded in 2012, Evolvice has a strong technical background and business domain knowledge, combining software engineering and Agile methodology, leading its’ clients’ path to digital transformation. Headquartered in the heart of the automobile industry, Stuttgart (Germany), our expertise stretches from automotive, healthcare, travel, financial, governmental, and insurance to manufacturing industries.
Our team is over 50 people including web (C#/.NET, Java, JS) & mobile (iOS/Android/Ionic) developers together with business analysts, project managers, QA, and support staff. Our corporate culture is characterized by agile processes, autonomous teams without hierarchies, as well as openness and transparency – both internally and with our clients. Currently, we are searching for Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join the big team of professionals in Cairo. We are looking for an active, responsive, and devoted person.
- Plan, design, and implement seamless VCF upgrades of infrastructure and services through automation;
- Plan and Implement integration of extensible services and platforms of VCF;
- Ensure compliance of the services with high security standards including inventory and access control monitoring and reporting;
- Maintaining High Availability, Stability, and Reliability of Services;
- Maintaining optimization by implementing & deploying Automated Solutions;
- Develop and maintain up-to-date, clear, and effective service operations;
- Work closely with development teams to improve the maintainability and reliability of services;
- Own and provide proactive service support by participating in regular business calls;
- Identify, gather, analyze, and automate responses to key performance metrics, logs, and alerts;
- Understanding of various 3rd party integrations with VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) and highlighting any interoperability issues;
- Define project requirements/issues/constraints with PMs / SMs;
- Take ownership and accountability for individual deliverables;
- Cover a 24/7 rotational shift pattern if required.
- Strong Linux Sys admin experience;
- Strong networking and IT infrastructure knowledge;
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies (and VMware VCF if possible);
- Or/and any OOP (Objective Programming) language like Python.
- Financial stability;
- Interesting and challenging projects within professional self-managed teams;
- Friendly team and a comfortable working environment;
- Flexible schedule (8-10 AM start) with the possibility to work assigned hours and/or adjust the work schedule as requested by the manager;
- 21 working days of paid annual vacation;
- Health insurance;
- Social insurance—the highest level;
- Paid sick leave;
- Performance review after half the year.
Why You Should Work With Us:
We work as a self-driven team without complex management structures. Our teams make independent decisions without recommendations from the client. We nurture an open, transparent environment where we all enjoy our work.